Was working on a valentine post, got busy with some other stuff, will post here later.
Toodle-oo for now.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
This was a house that I transformed out of a wood block as part of the Art Brownie Project a while back. However, on the original house, the main feature was the roof - which I painstakingly shingled as you would a real roof - only in miniature. (I had also built steps, a deck and garbage and recycling bins). After spending so much time on the roof, I kinda slapped on some paint without too much detail and was never really satisfied with it. So I decided to give it a facelift, or a "renovation" if you will! I decided to change it into a birdhouse! I began by cleaning it up - adding a little more detail to the brickwork etc. I added a chimney, a drainpipe (previously painted on), threw some birdseed on the upper deck, drilled a hole, added a perch and oila! The only thing missing - as was suggested to me - were birds. So I made some out of Super Sculpey and here we are, House Birdhouse!